ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: Cats helping prisoners
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 44
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. What were local prisoners doing at the animal shelter in North Platte?
They were picking out dogs and cats to take back to prison with them.
They were escaping from prison.
They were helping out by walking the dogs, cleaning cages, etc.
2. According to the article, what's the main reason for allowing the cats in prison?
To relieve prisoners' stress
To help the cats live a more interesting life
To make sure that the prisoners don't commit any more crimes
3. The article mentions that the cats have been ________________. This process, which involves completely removing a cat's claws, is considered cruel by some.
4. How are the prisoners reacting to the cats' being there?
They don't care.
They seem to love it.
They feel uncomfortable about sharing their prison with cats.
5. One of the inmates likens the cats to ________________.
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.