ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: The U.S. Army's broken disability system
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 41
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. Why can't Sgt. Lanier serve in the military anymore?
Because of his injured back
Because of his hand
Because his vision has deteriorated
2. Under the old system, an injured soldier would have to go through the claims process ______________.
three or more times
3. How long does it take to get discharged under the current system?
Under a year
A couple of months
Up to two years
4. Is the new system better than the old system?
Yes, it's much better.
It doesn't seem that way.
It is a lot more effective.
5. How much will the government pay Sgt. Lanier in disability compensation?
They won't pay him anything.
He doesn't know.
They will pay him about $2,500 per month.
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.