ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: French fishermen block ports in protest
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 30
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. What do the fishermen want?
For the French government to increase catch quotas
To be able to charge more for fish
To be able to sell their fish to other countries
2. What does the French government think about this?
They think that the current quotas are fair
They will increase the catch quotas
They will try to sell more fish to the United Kingdom
3. When is the last time the government increased catch quotas?
4. Which of the following have the fishermen NOT done in protest?
Gone on hunger strikes
Marched through Paris
5. Why does the European Union set annual quotas?
To keep prices competitive
To protect and revive fish stocks
To control which countries will have access to fish stocks
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.