ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: Making the United States a less bilingual place
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 3
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. The organization called "U.S. English" wants English to be the only official language:
in the United States.
in states like California.
when dealing with government.
2. "U.S. English" is a ____________________ organization.
3. According to "U.S. English", if all government communications were in English, :
illegal immigration would end.
tourism would increase.
immigrants would be more likely to learn English.
4. One critic says that this proposal sends a hostile message to new immigrants. What does that mean?
That it can incite violence against new immigrants.
That it can be seen as unfriendly, unwelcoming to newcomers.
That it is making progress.
5. Currently, _______________________ requires that certain ballots have to be in two languages.
The Voting Rights Act
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.