ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: Fake funeral scam
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 21
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. Why was Jim Davis' funeral different from others?
Jim Davis was a fictitious person
It cost nearly $31,000
He had a top-of-the-line casket
2. How did the scam consist of?
Taking out policies on people that didn't exist and then staging their funerals
Buying burial plots
3. Why were the coffins filled with rocks or animal bones?
To comply with the policies of the funeral home.
To cremate the bodies.
To make it seem like there was a body inside.
4. How much money did the women scam the insurance companies and funeral-business out of?
Somewhere around one million dollars
5. How does one of the accused women, Faye Schilling, feel about the accusations?
She feels sorry for what she did.
She says they're false.
She says that her partner, Jean Crump, forced her to do the scam.
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.