ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: Major US Banks increase overdraft charges
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 2
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. The Washington Mutual spokesman cites _____________________ as one of the main reasons behind the increase in overdraft charges.
the weak economy
too little money in customers' accounts
2. How many times per day can a customer be penalized for overdrafting an account at Bank of America?
3. What's the current overdraft charge at Washington Mutual?
4. When will a customer's card be debited ( = when will the balance on their account be reduced) after a purchase?
The same day the purchase is made.
Whenever the purchase clears.
Three days from the time of the purchase.
5. In the context of this article, what does the term "easy-picking" mean?
Easy to get money from
Easy to fool
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.