ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: Harsh interrogation methods by the US
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 15
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. According to this article, apart from making the United States look bad, what do harsh interrogation methods do?
They ensure that US soldiers are treated with respect
They put US soldiers at risk
They get the job done
2. Ken Robinson believes that hardball interrogation tactics:
simply don't work.
work well with some prisoners.
should be used with caution.
3. Sarah Mendelson thinks that the Bush administration:
is very conscious of US obligations under international human rights and humanitarian law.
hasn't done enough to make sure harsh interrogation methods are not used.
implemented suggestions given by lawyers from all branches of the military
4. Joe Navarro believes that hurting someone:
will not make them want to talk in the future.
will make them cooperative in the future.
is a part of the normal interrogation process.
5. Which country is NOT mentioned in the article?
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.