ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: Japan's convenience stores - not 24/7?
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 14
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. Which Japanese city was the first to try to limit convenience store hours?
2. What's the main goal behind the proposal?
To give employees more free time.
To limit carbon dioxide emissions.
To sell more tobacco products.
3. How's the convenience store sector doing in Japan?
The article doesn't say.
It's doing great. Business is booming.
Not very well.
4. According to the article, which convenience store are generally more successful?
The ones in big cities.
The ones in the countryside.
The ones that sell alcohol.
5. According to the convenience store industry, what impact would closing for the night have on the earnings of a typical store?
It could cause a 10% increase in sales.
It could cause a 20% decrease in profits.
It's effect would be minimal. People would simply shop earlier.
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.