ENGLISH LISTENING COMPREHENSION:
AMERICAN SLANG GLOSSARY
READING COMPREHENSION TESTS
OUR OTHER ESL SITES:
TOPIC: Can a healthy lifestyle alter your genes?
STEP 1 - Read the following article:
READING COMPREHENSION ARTICLE 12
STEP 2 - Answer these questions (choose the
1. The article basically states that a healthy lifestyle:
can even alter your genes for the better.
has no effect on your genes.
is good for the environment.
2. Apart from eating healthy food and exercising, the men in the study:
were put under a lot of stress.
were taught stress management methods.
were given a lot of meat.
3. In total, how many genes changed as a result of the healthy lifestyle?
4. What happened to some of the disease-causing genes?
Their activity increased
Their activity decreased
There was very little change in their activity
5. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the article? - The men in the study:
complained about headaches
lowered their blood pressure
READING COMPREHENSION HOME
(c) 2008-2016 Infosquares.com (an affiliate of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). REPOSTING OUR CONTENT ON OTHER WEBSITES IS
. All videos are protected by copyright and are hosted on a third party source, not on our server.